Insurers to attract new customers through M2M telematics | M2M Telematics for Usage Based Insurance
The insurance and M2M telematics industry are racing to implement Usage Based Insurance to gain competitive advantage and meet increasing commercial and private consumer demand. New data strategies will also provide further opportunities for the industry to increase customer loyalty as their customers learn to rely on them for analytical insight into how they can save money through behavioural driving modifications.
With over 2 million customers, the Pay As You Drive (PAYD) market has reached its tipping point and is expected to be multiplied by 50 by the end of the decade. Telematic-enabled policies will then generate €50 billion in premiums to insurers who have seized the opportunity. The benefits for consumers are wide-ranging as low mileage, safe driving will help put a stop to subsidising fraudsters and dangerous driving. Additionally, drivers will save money on car insurance premiums which has the added benefits of improving customer satisfaction, attracting new customers and raising profits.
Against this backdrop, SMi’s 2nd annual M2M Telematics for Usage Based Insurance conference, taking place on 19-20 February in London, will bring together senior level delegates from all aspects of aspects the insurance and commercial automotive industries to find out how to make the most of the new business opportunities brought about by the transformation of old business models to new usage based insurance products. From new device development and connectivity partners, to dynamic real-time data on driver behaviour, companies now have the opportunity to understand risk at a much deeper level and the ability to translate this intelligence into a meaningful commercial advantage.
Speaker Panel includes:
- Mark Grant, Business Development Director, insurethebox
- Ian Digman, Product Planning General Manager, Nissan
- Crispin Moger, Managing Director, Young Marmalade
- Manjit Rana, Founder and Director, Ingenin
- Ibrahim Ozturk, VP of Information Technology, Turkcell Iletisim Hizmetleri A.S.
- Andrew Price, Practice Leader – Motor Fleet, Zurich Insurance
- Rory Morgan, National Logistics General Manager, Iron Mountain
To view the full speaker line-up and conference programme, visit http://www.smi-online.co.uk/2014m2m25.asp
Latest posts by Robert Prime (see all)
- Airplane Black Boxes and Car Black Boxes: What are their similarities and differences? - February 3, 2015
- Fleet Tracking Prices: The hidden costs, types of contracts, pricing examples and things to watch out for - January 4, 2015
- Telematics for Usage Based Insurance - December 1, 2014